So my first post on a brand new blog...And if I'm honest I'm not completely sure where to start.
I'm an East London based Artist, Illustrator, Surface Pattern Designer and Educator (a lot to take in I know!). My background and training is in Surface Pattern Design and after several years in industry I went back to study for an MA in Illustration at Kingston University (which I completed in August 2017).
Over the past twelve months I have :
- Been working with a dear friend and super talented Fashion designer Ani Passarelli to create our own brand lifestyle brand AtoV Collective
- Held a solo exhibition of my artwork in local creative space HUSK (which I was over-the-moon about as it is my favourite coffee shop/creative space in London).
- Been commissioned by Rosetta Art Centre to carry out a series of workshops with students at Rosetta Primary School and combine the students work to create a digital collage series of murals (so much fun!)
- Worked with local charity SPLASH Arts and Tower Hamlets based community groups to create a giant mural depicting 'Poplar Past, Present and Future' which will shortly be erected inside Poplar DLR Station.
- I'm currently working alongside a second local charity Stitches in Time and Bromley by Bow Centre to create a large banner and series of textile pieces with residents of Watts Grove (Bow) which will be placed on display in council and community events.
I've started working as the Room 13 Artist in Residence at Old Ford Primary Academy (in which I facilitate workshops for small groups of students and help lead/develop fundraisers for the programme (which I am absolutely loving).
- Commissioned by Taylor Wimpey Homes and Rosetta Art Centre to facilitate a series of workshops with KS2 students attending Chobham Academy from which I created a digital composition of their works. The completed hoarding design has been placed on permanent display in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (Am very proud of how this turned out and have been paying it numerous visits).
- Carried out a one-week Artist Residency at Rush Green Primary School through Eastside Educational Trust ( which turned out to be the most enjoyable, fast paced week of portraiture and printmaking fun that I've ever had).
- Completed a Master's Degree in Illustration from Kingston University (in which I spent many sleepless night researching and trying to find A Universal Trigger for the Inner Child In Adults) - this gave me a deeper insight into my personal attraction to nostalgia and melancholy in my personal work.
- Carried out tons of little and large commissions for people and organisations (from portraiture to pet portraits and event advertisements).
This is the first time in which the majority of my projects have been local to where I live in East London and I'm currently feeling a strong sense of community.
Welcome to my brand new website and thank you for following!